Friday 8 November 2013

stop yelling at my kids

This is the challenge some friends and I have set ourselves. Somewhere in the last few months of chaos, illness, depression, baby bits and toddler tantrums I have turned into my mother.  It's hard to stop yelling,  especially when you feel like you need to in order to be heard above the constant whinging, screaming and general hulabaloo.  A friend posted a link to a 30 day challenge Stop yelling at the kids so far we are on day 3 and I haven't managed it yet, however, I am trying and certainly am much more concious of my tone of voice and certainly shouting less. It is not helped by the ginger ninja also being mr shouty man and making situations much worse when I am trying  to deal with things calmly. We have had talks and ironed out some issues, with coping mechanisms for him so hopefully things can only improve. Watch this space.

Also, we are looking at more ways to try and save some money whilst improving our eco credentials too. Cue lots of recycling for crafts etc and hopefully some home made christmas presents. (a work in progress as many of you know I am not so crafty as I would like and lack many skills) I have joined some local mummy friends in a sewing circle which I hope will spur me into action...so far I have cut and pinned 2 taggies and 1 baby shoe prototype and shredded a couple of old sheets to crochet a rug with. Unfortunately I am finding it almost impossible to crochet with despite my giant crochet hook.

And some random pictures from the last month x










No comments:

Post a Comment